Socialpeeks is a product of Empiricast Inc.
Personal identification information
This section covers the Personal Information we collect about Socialpeeks Web Application users.
Information we collect from Users directly
When you sign up for a Socialpeeks Account, we collect the following Personal Information (“User Information”), voluntarily and directly from you:
- your name;
- email address;
- phone number;
We need this information to verify your identity, communicate with you about the Site or the Services, contact you about Socialpeeks promotions, and to set up your Socialpeeks Account.
You may also set up your Socialpeeks Account by linking it to your Instagram Business Account (Instagram is a product of Facebook). If you sign up using your Facebook account, Facebook will ask your permission to share certain information from your Facebook account with Socialpeeks. This includes your name, email address, and profile picture. Facebook has its own data policy which will govern how Facebook uses, collects, and shares your Personal Information. You can control the information we receive from Facebook using the privacy settings on your Facebook account.
Information we collect from Users automatically
We may collect, process and use the following information about you:
- Details of your visits to our Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, search activities as well as the page, content, software or resources that you access.
- Your IP address, web addresses of the sites you arrive from and go to next and information about your connection, including your device’s browser, operating system, platform type and Internet connection speed. We use this information for operational and performance measurement purposes and to regionalize certain contents of the Site.
- Details of transactions and orders, your history of correspondence with us, quote requests or inquiries or when you contact customer service or technical support.
Currently our Site does not recognize browser requests not to be tracked. You may adjust your browser settings so as not to accept cookies.
How we use collected information
Information about our customers is an integral part of our business. We use your information, including your personal information, for the following purposes:
- To provide our Site and services to you, to facilitate the features on our Site, to communicate with you about your use of our Site and Services, to respond to your inquiries, to manage your account, to send you information that you have requested, and for other customer service purposes
- For marketing and advertising purposes. For example, as permitted by applicable law, we may occasionally contact you by e-mail, postal mail, or telephone to provide you with information about goods or services that might be of interest to you.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Site or our Services.
- To better understand how users access and use our Site and services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Site and Services and respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above. We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
Third party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website's own terms and policies.
Opting out of outreach from Socialpeeks
We may send periodic promotional or informational emails to you. You may opt-out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the e-mail. If you opt-out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you e-mails about your account or any services you have requested or received from us.
You as a data subject have many possibilities to impact how your personal information is being processed. You can:
- Request access to your information we process
- Withdraw your consent if our use of your information is based on consent
- Request for your information to be deleted or for you to be forgotten (right of erasure)
- Request us to correct or change your information. As a customer you may also do this by logging in to your account.
- Limit, restrict or object to our use of your information
- Access your information and/or receive it in a machine readable form
- Subject to applicable law lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority
Please note that if you request us to remove your information, we may retain some of the information for specific reasons, such as to resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, and as required by law. Furthermore, some information is never completely removed from our databases because of technical constraints and the fact that we regularly back up our systems. Therefore, not all of your personal information will ever be completely removed from our databases.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
Empiricast Inc. https://www.socialpeeks.com 295 Hagey Blvd, Waterloo, Suite 14 Ontario Canada N2L 6R5 firstname.lastname@example.org
This document was last updated on August 7, 2018.